Simply Single: Holiday Edition

"Oh, I can tell you're single"
...The ever-so-reminding phrase that you're as single as Adam before Eve. That was the sweet response I got from the comical woman behind me in the grocery store checkout line after I told her she could start putting her groceries on the conveyor belt. I guess my frozen meals, three boxes of cereal, and dog food gave away my non-existing relationship status.

Is it just me, or does your "single-ness" stick out like a sore thumb during the holidays? The holidays bring cool weather (well, sometimes), long nights, the best movie releases (like The Last Jedi...go see if you haven't), and all the lovey-dovey Hallmark movies you can stand - all of which make for perfect snuggling...unless you're single. And we can't forget all of the perfect engagements and beautiful weddings that fill your newsfeeds in sweet December. Oh, the sweet love and warm hearts we feel when we see old friends getting their fairytale endings...unless you're single. (but 100% happiness and congrats to Jessa and Tiffany💗)

If you're anything like me, you spend the holidays with your friends or your mom, snuggling with your dog and Grinch pj's, and drinking enough at any holiday parties to come up with a clever response to "no boyfriend for you, Sabrina?".  But let me be clear: there is not a single, unmarried, worthy candidate that this young lady has had the pleasure of swooning over. So my 'holiday-single-bitterness' is more directed at fate, rather than those who are happily enjoying their holiday relationships. So here's to the cereal dinner eaters, Sex and the City bingers, liquid-reassurance drinkers, and most of all...
being single.
Cheers, and happy holidays to the couples and single folks the same.

Comments

  1. I love this, but being single doesn't have to have such a negative connotation. This is meant to be your YOU time. Spend time with yourself, get to know who you truly are, treat yo self every single day, and just absolutely fall in love with yourself! You'll have such a glow that's contagious. The right person will come when the time is right, but don't sweat it! Shake off those haters and celebrate your singleness!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have Yourself a Depression-free Christmas

Where did the time go?