Where did the time go?

Twenty-five.

Two and a half decades. A quarter of a century.

What the f*$! happened?!

Everyone is always making a big deal out of the "milestone birthdays" at work. I chimed in with an "I'm turning 25...that's kind of a milestone" and got a few eye-rolls, a "pfttt", and a "call me when you're turning 50!". Well screw you guys - turning 25 is just as scary!

If you're anything like me, you've graduated from college, gotten a "real job", have a dog....and that's about it... So as your 'special day' of the year approaches, all you can think about is all the things so many other 25-year-olds have accomplished that you most certainly have not (married, kids, world traveling, dream jobs, cute brunches with friends, etc., etc.).
Ohh, and let me not forget to mention that my birthday happens to fall on New Year's Eve (yes, every year...Dec 31st is always New Year's Eve...and yes, I get asked that at least a couple times a year). And no, it is not "cool" or "so much fun". You have the joyous pleasure of:

  • being asked "What are you doing for New Year's?" instead of "What are you doing for your birthday?"
  • watching everyone countdown for your birthday to be over
  • having to pay more than usual to go out for "NYE" dinners, events, etc. (unless you have friends who are throwing a free party...which I don't).
You basically just end up dreading the whole deal. I stopped even celebrating my birthday two years ago when the night ended (and the new year began) with multiple people throwing up at an IHOP table (no, I wasn't one of them), being locked out of my friend's apartment when I got back, then driving home around 3-4 in the morning on my only off day of the week. Last year, I tried spending the day with myself, shopping, and watching the newest Star Wars. I don't know if that was better, or just emphasized the patheticness of my birthday a little more...?

This year's plan is to take a brief hiatus from my Accutane to stay alcoholicly hydrated all day, eat some brunch, shop, watch some fireworks, and give 2017 the finger as I probably fall asleep before midnight even hits. It's my party, I can cry if I want to, right?

🎆Happy New Year to you, and Happy Birthday to me🎆

Comments

  1. Wonderful post with great tips. Happy new year and this time you must know where the time goes by scheduling it.


    https://rawlingsunday.wordpress.com/2017/12/29/did-you-achieve-your-goals-for-this-year/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have Yourself a Depression-free Christmas

Simply Single: Holiday Edition