Less Bitchin', More Thankin'

Around this time of year, it can be pretty hard to remember to be thankful and pretty easy to focus on all of the things in your life and the world that are less than worthy of thanks; and 2017 is certainly no exception. This year, we've had the displeasure of witnessing mass shootings, riots, devastating hurricanes and wildfires, cancer diagnosis for some of the best people I know, and more angry, presidential 'tweets' than I could ever imagine. And the year isn't even over yet!

But instead of dwelling on all of the bad and ugly this Thanksgiving, I thought it'd be refreshing to run through some of my cherished favorites of the year. So, (drumroll, please) the TOP TEN funny, beautiful, loving, or all of the above, in my opinion, of this shitshow of a year (warning: Houston-biased list below):
(*none of the following memes are my own - all found  on Facebook or Google...don't sue me*)

10. This hilarious young lady. She is my spirit animal - hands down.

9. Rihanna's Makeup Line - I haven't tried it, but everyone else is ravvvingggg about it!

8. Whiskey Cake...need I say more?

7. The 2017 Eclipse ๐ŸŒ•๐ŸŒ‘

6. Season 4, Episode 1 of Blackish ๐Ÿ‘


5. The incredible rendition of Andra Day's "Rise Up" by these talented, soulful children๐Ÿ˜ญ

 
4. Stranger Things Season Two


3.  The most beautiful lead cast of the decade, Justice League

(God Bless the parents of those gorgeous folk, mmm)











2. Houston Astros, WORLD SERIES CHAMPS! ⚾


1. The inspiring outpour of love, support, and donations to our beautiful city in our time of need:



I'll be honest: I tried to rank these, but they all made my year slightly less shitty, so they are all #1 in my heart๐Ÿ˜ Sorry if I missed any of your favorites...

Happy Thanksgiving, you beautiful people ๐Ÿฆƒ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have Yourself a Depression-free Christmas

Simply Single: Holiday Edition

Where did the time go?